More Brick and Mortar Clinics Won’t Increase Revenue or Retention
Today’s patients are savvy consumers preferring the convenience of available-anytime healthcare, via their mobile devices. They often don’t have the option to take time off from work to sit in a medical office and wait to be seen. You need to find a solution that attracts these patients to your system, and in doing so increase your revenue while giving your current patient population a reason to stay within you.
Your other challenge is to reduce the number of avoidable ED visits within your organization. Patients take advantage of EDs because they’re open during times that are more convenient to their schedules. EDs are already overcrowded and filled with patients that can be treated in less expensive settings. In 2017, the average cost of an ED visit was $1,500, and since 30% of all ED visits are avoidable this equates to tremendous strain on your ED and your bottom line. The cost of building new urgent care clinics to handle this problem is high at $1M per clinic. Acquiring more primary clinics isn’t a viable solution either since most PCP Clinics run at a loss for the average health system. You need a solution that isn’t based on building more urgent care clinics, or the acquisition of primary care clinics and provides the convenient care your patients demand.
Direct to Consumer Virtual Care is the Right Solution, Right Now
Acquiring patients more efficiently and treating them through virtual care drives better value for both patients and hospitals. With virtual care, hospitals can expand their digital footprint and shift a small portion of the CAPEX dollars they would have spent on facilities to virtual care marketing and education. Virtual care is also the ideal solution to triage patients and determine the right care setting, so you’re not paying for high-cost emergency department visits that can be avoided.
As an example, if a hospital has 20,000 ED annual visits, and the average cost of an ED visit is $1,500 per patient, that’s a total cost of $30M a year. By diverting 30% of those avoidable ED visits to virtual care, a hospital could reduce the number of annual ED visits to 14,000 and reduce their ED cost to $21M a year. That’s an annual savings of $9M.
A successful implementation of virtual care can:
- Improve outcomes
- Allow your providers to diagnose and treat medical issues faster
- Increase healthcare access and convenience
- Direct patients to the right care setting
Why You Should Use the eVisit Enterprise Virtual Care Platform for Direct to Consumer Virtual Care.
eVisit enables healthcare systems to deliver faster, more accessible virtual care–leveraging their own network of providers. Built for the enterprise with more than 150 points of configuration, eVisit accommodates your unique workflows and integrates with more than 50 EMRs through HL7 and/or FHIR standards. Our next generation, double-encrypted, data vault keeps patient data protected and secure. And, our enterprise-grade video works within stringent firewalls and security policies while delivery HD quality. Our Customer Success team guides you through on-boarding and beyond to get the best possible value from eVisit. Plus, we provide technical support for everyone—from your administrators and providers to patient.
- Easily schedule visits on-demand or on the calendar
- Configure intake questions for quick registration
- Waiting Room
- Manage patient and provider routing and waiting queues
- Meet over 2-way HIPAA compliant video
- ePrescribe and process payment
- Analyze visit metrics including wait time, visit duration, and patient satisfaction
- eVisit is not a healthcare provider. Our platform enables health systems to compete directly with tech-enabled healthcare providers
- Configuration Engine
- 150+ points of configuration to meet your unique workflows
- EMR Integration Layer
- 50+ supported EMRs with HL7 integration
- Government-Grade Security
- Next generation, double-encrypted, patient data security vault
- Adaptive Video
- eVisit’s enterprise grade video provides this and works with stringent firewalls and security policies while delivering HD quality
- Fast Time to Value
- Guided on-boarding, unlimited support, regular trainings, and adoption support
- Patient Tech Support
- Unlimited support for admins, providers, and your patients