Today's patient is more connected than ever before. What do we mean by that? Well, more patients expect to be able to communicate and engage with their healthcare providers online or through computers and mobile devices. Especially millennials.
The recent State of the Connect Patient report by Salesforce details these patient expectations and shows where the healthcare industry is falling short (while 74% of millennials value the ability to pay medical bills online, only 8% currently pay them on the web). The report surveyed over 1,700 Americans who are currently insured and have a primary care provider to see how most patients currently receive, review, and track their health data. Salesforce also asked patients what health technologies mattered most to them.
To sum up the report's most interesting findings, Salesforce put together an infographic which we've included below. Physicians who are appealing to millennial patients or just seeking a competitive advantage should focus on the following initiatives:
- Offer online appointment booking
- Provide online bill pay
- Allow patients a way to engage on their mobile devices
- Cultivate your online reputation
For more stats, request the full Salesforce report!
Share these Stats
Use the "tweet this" links below to share these stats on Twitter.
- Over 70% of millennial patients want to use mobile devices and apps for healthcare. >tweet this<
- 76% of millennials use online patient reviews to select a physician. >tweet this<
- Only 13% of patients currently pay their medical bills online or via email. >tweet this<
- 62% of patients say they currently "rely on their doctor" to track their health data. >tweet this<
- 71% of millennials want their doctors to use mobile apps. >tweet this<
- 60% of millennials want telehealth options. >tweet this<